background

Sunday, August 3, 2008

So much to say...

Well it has been very "interesting" around my house and life! I went to Stitch In and had a great time the days I was able to go and quilt 9am to 9pm. What a concept...to do what you like, with people that like the same thing you do, all day long! A new jelly roll quilt was made as was a small patriotic Jo Morton quilt and even finished an old UFO! The Firecracker quilt is ready for machine quilting as is the Amy Butler brick quilt pattern. Tomorrow (Monday) is back to work and it should be a busy week getting ready for all the students and meeting new teachers
This past Friday I went to Sweet Home Quilts to get fabric to finish a few projects...like backing, binding...then I get this email on the same Friday night from that "BAD Melisa!" with the hot new lines from Moda that just happened to come in that afternoon. So I had to go back on Saturday morning and get a few new jelly rolls...then I saw something in the sale room...then...well you know how that goes! I figure this is my last trip during the summer and I need to stock up...right? Sounds like a good excuse to me.
I was playing around with my camera trying to get a picture of my black pug, Smudge. Well he just does not show up good in the pictures I take, but P. Buddy did ;o) Only a mother could love that face.

4 comments:

  1. Melisa got you too???!!!!???? You need to post a photo of your purchases! How many jelly rolls do you have stacked up now? LOL We are well on our way to making all the quilts in the jelly roll book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that the "evil temptress" got you too and I am glad that I was not the only one who was there Friday and Saturday...it was an expensive little weekend but so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been very busy. I wish I could get half that much done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy our field trip last week. We will have to go MUCH more often..
    I know you are COVERED UP with pre-planning...Can't wait to hear the latest!
    P

    ReplyDelete