background

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Grandmother's Choice BOW

I liked the block this week for two reasons...easy and then I had an idea to personalize the blocks.  I went thru the 37 that we have done so far and tried to determine who will "sign" the block.  Most of them were pretty easy to determine through Barbara Brackman's history lessons with each block.  I am still deciding on a couple, but for the most part there is a lady who played a part in the suffrage movement on each block.  I was looking for a handwriting font and then said...hmmm I wonder if there are their actual signatures out there...wonders of the Internet.  I have found some and will continue to look...I have started with Lucy Stone on block 37. Here is her signature and below how it came out on the block. Now on to the other 36 ;o)

3 comments: