background

Friday, April 9, 2010

Rex


I know many of you have know one of our great danes had cancer that was inoperative.

This morning he did one of his favorite things, going for a ride in the jaguar. He lays down in the back and places his head so he can see out the rear window between the two head rests. He didn't know that I was crying as I followed my husband to the vet and smiling at how content he looked. My younger son came with me because I knew I would not be able to drive myself home....he just got his license....I have never driven with him driving. I was desperate you can tell and was not thinking clearly.


Rex is out of pain and visiting with his friends up in doggie heaven. He went quietly and with dignity. I held him as he took his last breath. My husband was too emotional and had to leave (Rex was his favorite). I totally understood and begged him to go and let me be there. He took my advice.


Here is to you Rexie, our big baby boy. xxxooo mom

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Kristie, I don't even have words to comfort you. Just know I understand. You've lost a family member. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kristie, you have my deepest sympathies for Rex. I don't know what to say, but please know that I am hurting for you and your human/furry/feathery family. Dignity, comfort and love is all that any being wants. Big hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, Kristie, for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about you all morning..I know you are all suffering and miss Rex terribly. Rex lived in heaven on earth with you and your family he was a lucky dog. You are the epitome of a animal loving family. Be at peace my friend. Talk to you soon.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristie, wish I could give you a hug. I also wish I could say something that would make it easier, but there are no words when you lose a family member. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristie, I feel your pain and even though I never met your precious boy, I find myself crying. But he is at peace. Only other pet people understand how we feel when we lose one of our babies. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your loss, Kristie, I know how hard this must have been! Big Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too know the sorrow of letting a loved one go. We had a wonderful Black Lab that we lost. They are gone but never forgotten.

    All my sympathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. That had to be so hard. Karmen

    ReplyDelete