background

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sewing, sewing and more

I told you in my last post that I made the "Grab this Button" for Barbara Brackman's new BOW....well I wasn't sure she would use it, but she (or someone) emailed me and it's on her site.  I am so tickled that they liked it.  Yes I am a computer geek!
I have been sewing up a storm the last few days, but haven't finished anything.  My sewing area is a MESS!  But I am concurring projects and they are at different points of construction.  I have my Shine mini quilt ready to have the binding sewn down.  I think this will be my first finish of the new year.
I also sewed my last block for the Hoopsisters Feathered Star class I have been taking monthly to learn my embroidery machine.  I have learned a lot about thread, stabilizers, and pushing buttons to make the machine hum.
I also have looked at Pearl Pereira's
 new free BOM (P3 Designs)(See my page with 2015 BOMS).  I am having issues with my eyes and think I might try her Bountiful Baskets re-learning my machine applique for the baskets and using my friend's (Brenda's) wool for the flowers and leaves.  I think it will be better on my eyes since the pieces are small. I have also thought about embroidering the name of the flower and state on the block...not sure yet.  The quilt looks like it will be beautiful and Pearl gives great directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment