background

Sunday, December 28, 2008

I have finally been quilting again this winter break! Yippy. Also, don't faint that I have posted too! Things have been busy with work, school, family...yes we all know how that is. I finished the top and back for a Moda U quilt that I have had for a long time, Patchwork Tiles, using Northwoods fabrics. Oh and you ask where did I get it from...well from bad Melisa's of course. It has been put away because I cut something wrong and just didn't want to deal with it....and it was only on one block. In kits, if you make a booboo and can't recut the "big" booboo piece again, well you just have to buy more! Well of course it has been a while, but I did find the fabric online and it only came in a fat quarter pack...yes we bought the whole thing. I am using the extra fats for the backing and cut of a 2 1/4" of each to use as the binding. I had only 4 whole fat quarters left, a finished top, back and binding. One down...hmmm how many more to go?
I have also been working on a block of the month from Jan Patek. I probably shouldn't say what year, but it is being all hand appliqued. I really enjoy this. I have 2 more months to go and then it goes together...okay it is from 2007 BOM program, but it is hand done...so I am clear!
I hope everyone has had a happy holiday and I am looking forward to a new year of good times. k

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you've had some time during your break to do some quilting - you need it for your sanity! Alas, I can't say the same - I've spent my time trying to finish out the year and planning for the new year - there's always something! A goal (I never make resolutions!) is to MAKE more quilting time in '09!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your new projects! I'm so glad you've had time to sew.

    ReplyDelete